Create a custom domain name to brand your business and streamline the customer journey
Buy your domain name through GoDaddy.com
Use GoDaddy’s domain forwarding to redirect users from your new domain to your Playbook sales landing page
Your sales page is your digital storefront — it’s how potential customers subscribe to your app. When marketing your app, you know to always refer to “my app” instead of “Playbook,” “my Playbook app,” or “my Playbook.” However, if the sales page URL you’re sharing with potential customers says “Playbook” in it, it might create confusion. We want to make the customer journey as seamless as possible, and in order to do so, you must create your own domain name for your sales page.
We recommend using GoDaddy.com to create your domain name as follows.
7 Steps to Create a Domain Name with GoDaddy.com
- Create a GoDaddy.com account.
- While logged in, type in the domain you want to create and click “Search Now.”
Note: When it comes to domain names, shorter is better. An ideal domain name should be 12 characters or less. If you exceed that, you can always use a tool like Bitly to create a short URL to include in your social media bios and reference on Linktree.
- Click “Get It” to secure your domain.
- Your domain will be added to your cart. Click “Looks Good, Keep Going” to proceed.
Note: We recommend purchasing your domain for one year, so make sure to change this in the dropdown before moving to the next step.
- On the next page, you’ll be given optional features to add onto your website, including full domain privacy and protection (your domain comes with basic privacy and protection) and creating an email address that matches your domain.
Select any optional features you’d like to add, or click “No Thanks” and click “Continue to Cart.”
- Click “I’m Ready to Pay.”
Enter your credit card and billing information and click “Complete Purchase.”
5 Steps to Set up a GoDaddy Domain Forward
Forwarding a domain is helpful when you want to automatically redirect visitors to your sales page URL when they visit your new domain.
For example, your sales page link may look something like this:
Let’s say you’ve just created the following domain name in the previous steps:
By setting up a forward, users will be redirected to your sales page via the new domain you just created. Again, creating this domain helps eliminate any confusion on the consumer side and works to establish your personal brand. Plus, the cleaner your URL is, the more likely you’ll be to convert sales.
- Navigate back to the GoDaddy.com home page, click on your user name in the upper right corner and click “My Products.”
- Click “My Account” in the upper left corner and click “Domains” in the dropdown.
Note: GoDaddy’s navigation can be a bit confusing at this step. You can also click this link dcc.godaddy.com/domains (make sure you’re logged in!) to get to the Domain Manager directly.
- Click on your domain name to select it, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Manage DNS.”
- Scroll down and select “Add Forwarding.”
- Select https:// and type in your Playbook sales page URL, then click “Permanent” as the forward type and click “Save.”
For more information, check out GoDaddy’s full instructions for forwarding your domain.